Ask your parents for permission. Provide a list of reasons why you want to move and how you want to support yourself. Tell them where you want to live and with whom. If your parents give you permission, you may be allowed to leave the family home. If your parents do not agree with the fact that you are moving, there are other circumstances in which you are allowed to leave. Provide a pleasant living situation for a minor. If you have a child and prove that you are able to provide a proper living situation, you can get emancipation. However, pregnancy is not enough to give you permission to leave the parental household. You will also need to prove that you are able to support the child. Marry. If you are in a long-term relationship or, in the unusual case, if you feel ready for marriage at the age of 16, this will grant you emancipation and allow you to leave your parents` home.

The Separate Parenting Access and Resource Centre reports that marriage presupposes that a person is able to support a minor. Support yourself financially. If you have dropped out of school and are working full-time, it is possible to leave home if you prove that you can support yourself financially. This law is subject to review and you will have your situation assessed before you are emancipated from your parents. Supporting yourself financially will show that you are serious and that you can earn enough to take care of yourself It is possible to leave the parental home at the age of 16 if certain criteria apply. In the United States of America, a child up to the age of 18 is legally the responsibility of his or her parents. In special circumstances, such as marriage or the fact that the child becomes a parent himself, it is possible to emancipate himself from the parents before the age of 18. Moving can be emotionally and financially stressful, so it`s best to talk about it with maturity with trusted parents or adults. A 16-year-old is still considered a minor, so it is not easy to leave the parental home. Join the army. In many states, military membership automatically grants a person emancipation from his or her parents because he or she is considered independent. Natalie Baker lives in Manchester, UK, and has been a freelance beauty and fashion writer since 2009.

Her work appears on the beauty pages of “The Detour Magazine” and online at Just Makeup Artists. Baker has experience in television and print journalism and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Broadcasting Journalism from the University of Salford.